Essential. 120 years of progress.
It was in 1886 that the brothers Johann and Ignaz Unterweger founded Tyrol’s first mountain pine oil distillery: by 1889, they were presenting their conifer oils at the World Exhibition in Barcelona. Since that time, the Unterweger name has stood for a standard of quality at international level. Since then, progress has been characteristic of the company’s tradition…
- 1955 start of trade relationships with the East European countries
- 1987 first laboratory
- 1991 start of trade relationships with the former USSR countries
- 1992/93 extension of the company, installation of a rectification system, extension of the laboratory, purchase of a gas-phase chromatograph
- 1998 construction of the warehouse with an area of 600m2-
- 2010 Opening of the Vitalpinum: a 5000 m² alpine adventure and relaxation garden with show destillery, play park and shop.
Elementary. Using nature's force.
Respecting the soil, allowing nature to breathe
since its foundation, respect of the environment has been an elementary component firmly anchored in the company’s philosophy. This demand still characterises each stage of production today – from chaffing through to distillation – and is reflected in the products’ high quality.
Brüder Unterweger offers you products from these product groups:
- Body care (393)
- Hair care (216)
- Fragrances (114)
- Raw materials and additives for the natural and organic cosmetics industry (90)