In the current marketplace there is a strong need for a reliable supply chain and a system that can help you verify, and qualify, your suppliers, giving you the confidence to meet today’s diverse requirements.
Retailers and consumers want to buy and consume safe food. It should meet all the necessary quality requirements, and present detailed product labels, including the origin of where it was grown, raised or processed. Evidence has shown that this can only be achieved through an unwavering commitment to food safety and a consistent approach in maintaining product quality.
Intertek understands that programmes based on auditing or testing alone are not sufficient to qualify suppliers and that a more comprehensive system is needed.
As a company with years of experience serving the global food industry we are perfectly positioned to help you manage and validate your supply chain at the source. Intertek offers an innovative approach and intelligent crosslinking of existing services as well as integrated data management in the IFMS programme.
Meeting your needs and expectations is our main objective
• Reducing costs through process analysis, risk assessment, and data management.
• Increasing the food safety by establishing unannounced inspection, sampling and storage based on your requirements including suppliers’ risk evaluations and a built-in scoring system.
• Prevent food fraud by enforcing total quality assurance. For example, samples taken from any suppliers can be tested immediately to determine the risks against the raised notifications of the RASFF (European Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed). An effective approach to verify the claims, determine the safety of food and detect any signs of mislabelling, fraud and manipulation.
Benefiting you IFMS - best practice vs. current practice
A comparison between IFMS best practice and the current processes indicates:
• Reducing costs in customers‘ testing and analysis processes
• Reducing overall business risks through unannounced and independent sampling and storage procedures as well as risked-oriented monitoring plans
• Reducing risks of manipulations in order to prevent food fraud
• Increasing level of food safety and defense in order to raise consumers‘ confidence
IFMS best practice offers you a smarter annual budget planning whilst ensuring safety, quality and reliability of your products and supply chain.