Lemon is a remontant product and for every flowering corresponds a commercial kind of fruit, therefore, according to the period of harvest, we have: "primofiore" - from the end of September to the end of November; "wintry" - from December to April; "bianchetti" - between April and May; "verdelli" - between June and the beginning of September. Italian lemon, if we exclude particular zones where favourable microclimated conditions made it possible (Lazio, Puglia, Basilicata), it is almost exclusively cultivated in Sicily, Calabria and Campania.
Description of product and characteristics
It is the Lemon of first flowering, citrus fruit that has an elliptic form and middle sizes, it presents a light yellow peel very thin and a juice of high acidity.
Lemon Primo Fiore differs from the other citrus fruit for a very intense taste for the presence of high acidity in the pulp and for the abundant juice. The peel is light yellow color, of middle thickness, fine grained, while the maturation of the fruit begins at the end of October and is extended into the first days of April.
It presents a middle-big size, it differs for the color, for the thin peel and for the high content of citric acid.
- Period: From October to March
- Origin: Sicily - Italy
- Form: elliptic and middle-big sizes
- Peel: from light green to yellow citrine color
- Pulp: middle thickness and light yellow color, with abundant juice and high acidity
- Juice: jellow citrine color
- Weight of fruits: above 100 gr.
- Caliber: 3, 4, 5
- Packings: In Bins, in net, in box, with leaves
- Manufacturing: with and without leaves