Project Fair & Good
Ensuring the future with responsible action
In 1997, we added the first organic rice to our range. 5 years later, we began to procure fairtrade rice, first from Thailand, a year later from India. We are convinced that sustainable rice is the best choice for both producers and consumers. And because we believe that the combination of organic and fairtrade is ideal, we launched a unique project in 2011: the 'fair & good' sustainability project in India and Thailand. This project is also supported by Coop, Helvetas and other partners.
Results of the project at a glance
- More biodiversity
- Increase harvest yield
- Secure and up to 30% higher total income of farmers
- Additional income by marketing of vegetables and other crop rotation products
- Water consumption reduced by 30%
- Reduction of greenhouse gases by 20-30%
- More cooperation among farmers
- Realization of Community projects and improvement of the infrastructure through fairtrade premium
Find out more on our homepage www.reismuehle-nutrex.ch or at our stand.