If you are a farmer and want to grow and market organic, this is the way:
- Initially you have to agree to subject yourself to our inspection system
- One of our inspectors will visit you. Together you will survey your lands, your facilities, your processes and all documents concerning them. Together you agree on measures that you have to take in order to meet the requirements of regulation (EC) 834/2007. These may include, for example, changes required to housing and pasture for livestock, use of only allowed materials and substances in animal nutrition, implementation of an approved multi-year crop rotation schedule and approved plant protection measures, identification and labelling, and documentary evidence of stock and financial records.
- Subsequently we shall write a report and assessment about your organic production system.
- Once you satisfy the measures agreed upon you are a certified organic producer.
- Depending on your previous practices you will receive a "certificate of conformity" that will allow you to label your products "organic" and market them as such. You will receive your "certificate of conformity" either immediately or after a certain conversion period has elapsed.
- Subsequently you will see us at least once per year for scheduled annual inspections or random inspection visits.
These are the steps toward being certified organic:
- Execute agreement subjecting you to inspections according to regulation (EC) 834/2007
- Initial on-site inspection
- Written evaluation of organic production system
- Issue of "certificate of conformity"
- Annual inspections