Biol Miel International Prize
Starting from the BIOL experience, C.I.Bi. – Italian Consortium for Organic, in cooperation with CRA-Api – Honey Bee and Silkworm Unit of Bologna, a research unit internationally known in bee’s studies, renew every year a winning partnership that in 2008 launched Biol Miel international Prize, an innovative initiative in the organic beekeeping sector that is meant to became, as BIOL, a point of referral not only for organic quality honey at international level, but also a testimonial of the vast biodiversity, both natural and bred, that is the expression of the patient and endless work of bees.
BIOLMIEL is an initiative created to award and spread the high quality culture of organic honeys, and to support biodiversity and a production management inspired by social accountability criteria.
BiolMiel international award is aimed to organic honey producers. Counted on 160 participants in 2019, representing producers of seven flags: Croatia, Greece, UK, Italy, Turkey, Slovenia and Spain.
BIOLMIEL has different goals:
- Promote quality in organic honey and to spread specific knowledge on this topic.
- Support a stronger relationship between beekeeping and sustainable development.
- Valorise differences related to natural biodiversity and cultivations.
- Support the exchange and technical innovations among those that deals with quality beekeeping.
- Raise consumers awareness towards Mediterranean traditional products in general and of honey in particular.