The Wallonia Foreign Trade and Investment Agency (AWEX) is the Wallonia Region of Belgium’s government agency in charge of foreign trade promotion and foreign investment attraction. The agency has a worldwide network of 105 Economic and Trade Attachés.
AWEX has been certified ISO 9001 since April 2002.
As a foreign trade agency, AWEX carries out a mission of promotion and information for the benefit of both Wallonia and the foreign business community.
Upon request, AWEX assists buyers, decision-makers, importers and foreign prospects by:
- Providing economic data on Wallonia and its export potential
- Disseminating information on products and services from companies located in Wallonia
- Identifying companies in Wallonia for international partnerships
- Distributing lists of exporters from Wallonia
As an export partner for Wallonia-based companies, Awex offers a wide range of export-oriented services and activities:
- General and commercial information on foreign markets
- Market studies tailored to specific areas upon request
- Organization and planning of marketing activities (international trade shows, economic missions, sector-based contact days…)
- Establishing contacts with international organizations
- Promoting Wallonia’s export potential abroad
- Financial support and export financing
- Training in international careers
As a foreign investment agency, AWEX – via its Office for Foreign Investors (OFI) – has an overall responsibility for the attraction of foreign investment in Wallonia. This includes seeking out and providing information to potential foreign investors. The Agency also offers a pro-active follow-up service to investors already established in Wallonia. In addition, it is in charge of identifying new foreign investors for the acquisition of industrial sites under