The VacQPack system was developed for the prevention of pests and mould etc. by the withdrawal of oxygen (vacuum). The traditional treatment with toxic substances is therefore unnecessary. Optimal transport, as well as, storage protection and food safety in the Supply Chain Management, is ensured in an environmentally sound manner.
With the VacQPack system you can, with an easy-to-use mobile unit, create vacuum packaging in all sizes, up to approx. 2000 litres/kg capacity.
With a valve one can introduce protective gases within the packaging and create an inert atmosphere (Modified Atmosphere Packaging) with very low residual oxygen content due to the use of (CO2) or (N2), or blends.
The use of the VacQPack system has a series of advantages (excerpt): the oxidation is prevented by the oxygen depletion, quality, colour, smell and taste are maintained and the shelf life of the products is extended.
- The system prevents weight loss by dehydration, ensures a stable moisture content of the product, but also prevents unwanted moisture from entering.
- The submitting of smell or absorption of smell is avoided.
- The transport and storage space can be optimally used by the adaptation of the form (by the vacuum), to all required dimensions.
- Due to the closed system and high quality standards the recontamination is impossible, and hygiene requirements can be met.
- Due to the closed system, no submission of any smell is possible, therefore no bugs are attracted to penetrate the packaging.
- By avoiding toxic treatments, the VacQPack system qualifies in particular for high quality, sensitive products in the organic market.
In addition to the obvious cost savings, which result from the above benefits, we need to mention as well the effects of reduced risk of damage and loss, the time savings through improved handling and the avoidance of cooling, volume reduction in some cases, as well as, industrial safety advantages with tremendous effects in the logistic chain.