PEMA – The company’s history
2019 The company's owners Dr. Laura Krainz-Leupoldt and Franz Leupoldt received the Bayerischen Verdienstorden. The company was awarded from the DLG with a price for longtime product quality for 32 years.
2018 PEMA receives the German Brand Award in Gold in the category "Industry Excellence in Branding - FMCG.
2015 Opening of the White Cube, a place of education for employees and all people interested in lectures on health, ethics and art.
2005 100 years' anniversary
2003 PEMA launches a new brand campaign
2000 PEMA employs a staff of more than 100 and produces 35 to 40 tonnes of whole grain bread every working day
1960 Franz H. Leupoldt takes his place as the family’s third generation at the helm of the company
1954 The first new facilities are built on a "greenfields site"
1952 PEMA is the first company to market wheat germ bread
1950 Whole grain bread and pumpernickel are produced for the first time under the PEMA brand name
1948 Heinrich Leupoldt employs a staff of 12
1946 Relaunch as a "two-man operation"
1934 Heinrich Leupoldt, a member of the second generation, assumes management responsibilities and starts the production of gingerbread wafer biscuits and biscuits made especially to spice gravies
1905 Master craftsman Adam Leupoldt founds the firm in Weissenstadt (confectioner and gingerbread bakery)