Our Company has always sworn of the pure taste of mountains farmer´s hay-milk. Additionally due to the premium quality of the hay-milk, there is no need to use any additives and preservatives and so we can produce cheeses that refer back to rural and well-tried tradition.
Our mountain-farmers hay milk comes from mountain areas! These are EU assisted areas (according to EU Regulation No. 1257/1999), where land use is considerably more difficult for two main reasons: First, an extreme altitude, which results in unusually difficult climatic conditions, since the vegetation time is shortened. On the other hand, a strong slope, due to which special and expensive machines or equipment must be used. These districts, municipalities or sub-areas of a municipality, are officially classified by the authorities.
Demarcation criteria for the mountain area are:
- Min. 700 m above sea level on average
- Min. 18% slope on average
- Min. 500 m above sea level and 15% slope
The following is important to us:
- 100 % mountain farmer`s hay milk TSG
- Silage free feed
- Loyalty to milk suppliers
- Well-being of hay-milk cows
- Well tried, traditional farming
- Thee long natural ripening and the careful maintenance
- GMO-free production