It's the simple, original things that make life valuable. In the family Werz this originality has always been maintained. Through the production of sustainable, wholesome foods that are still produced by hand without artificial additives and without sugar - according to the traditional bakery trade.
In doing so, Werz values the fact that the environment is protected and every product contributes to increasing the well-being of the people who consume it.
In the production of our products we concentrate on the essentials– the natural, full grain (preferably from the region). Pure, without additives, without sugar, without harmful ingredients that cause allergies, etc.
What makes us special
- All of our products are organically certified
- Wholesome nutrition for all: For more than 60 years, we have taken incompatibilities in the development of our products into account
- Less is more: All products are made without egg. Milk is only used for a few products. No unnecessary ingredients, but freshly ground grain and alternative sweeteners.
- Love for handmade: in both, baking and packaging.
Over 60 years in the service of health
1932 Founding of the bakery by August Werz
1959 Karl-Otto Werz takes over his father's bakery
1967 Production of whole grain bread from biodynamic grain
1969 New factory building
1970-1990 supply of health food shops with wholemeal bread
From 1986 development of organic spelled production in Swabia with guaranteed purchase
From 1988 development of a gluten-free range
From 1998 Supplementary range of nutrient-rich cereals such as brown millet, buckwheat or millet
2017 Change of generation, daughter Annette Werz with son Dorian Werz join the family business
2018 Takeover of the management by Andreas Plietker
2018 30 years of gluten-free organic baked goods
2019 Anniversary - 60 years of Werz
Naturkornmühle Werz offers you products from these product groups:
- Grocery products Cooking and baking (2200)
- Grocery products Snacks and sweets (1479)
- Other grocery products (1902)