Vegetable Oils : How to Define Them
We offer a comprehensive range of conventional, organic and fair trade cold pressed vegetable seed oils and have a dedicated partner which presses a wide variety of seeds to produce vegetable oils in their Kenyan facility at Athi River.
Recent investment to increase the capacity in Kenya means that Earthoil can offer large quantities for shipment directly to customers around the world. Generally, produced oils are shipped and stored in Europe or sent for refining.
What is a vegetable oil?
- Liquid at room temperature and non-soluble in alcohol.
- Referred to as fixed oils or carrier oils.
- Generally expelled by pressing the fatty portion of the plant from the seeds, fruits, kernels and nuts.
- Triglycerides & extraction process define the properties of the oil.
What is a butter?
- Fats that are solid at ordinary temperatures.
- Obtained by expelling the natural fatty fractions from nuts and seeds.
- Extraction process also define the properties of the oil.
Oils have different levels of essential fatty acids (EFA)
- Lighter, thinner oils
- Easily absorbed
- Strengthens lipid barrier of epidermis
- Regulates oil production (acne prone skin has lower levels of LA in it’s sebum), unblocks pores
Uses: For oily skin, ‘clogged pores’, acne prone skin
- Richer, heavier oils
- Extra occlusive – provides a protective seal to the skin
- Prevents water loss in the skin
Uses: For dry skin, night creams, body creams, anti-aging, hair care, anti-pollution skincare
Vegetable Oils Overview
- Body oils
- Massage oils
- Base oils - for ‘DYI cosmetics’
- Carrier oils
- Moisturizers & butters
Our range of vegetable oils are virgin oils, and many are produced by cold pressing since using heat to extract the oil can negatively affect the oil quality.
All oils are available in 25kg (MOQ) and 190kg packs.
Vegetable Oil Library
Link : https://beautypersonalcare.univareurope.com/earthoil-by-univar/earthoil-personal-care-products/vegetable-oils/
Come to see us and discover our vegetable oil portfolio !!!