What we do
We make our expertise in the areas of quality, logistics and trade available to producers and enable them to export their product for the first time via our access-to-market platform – the first step towards market access. Furthermore, we invest in various producing countries, where we work with farming families and local processors to develop sustainable and marketable products. We sell these products to consumers by the most direct route possible according to the principle "Worldwide direct from the farm". In this way, we contribute to the structures of smallholders and local processing to ensure that these remain intact in the long term and that they deliver excellent products at the same time.
How we work:
- We enter into contracts with the farming families and pay them a proper price, advise on organic cultivation and organise certifications.
- We process the products as locally as possible and create jobs as a result.
- We invest in the countries of origin and so take huge risks. We stay even when things get difficult because we believe that trust, courage and patience are necessary for real development.
- By establishing a direct link between producers and consumers, intermediary trade is eliminated wherever possible. As a result, our products meet the highest standards yet are still affordable.
- Our sales units are larger than is usual in the retail trade because we leave the products just as they were when they were packed in their country of origin as far as possible. This saves on additional transportation and packaging material.