Development of Organic Farming Systems of Tomorrow: Environmentally Sound, Animal Friendly and Efficient
of Organic Farming
of Farm Economics
are specialized Institutes within the Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institute, Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries. In our research we address the following questions, e.g.:
- How can yields be increased and animal performances optimised without making any concessions in terms of the environment and animal welfare?
- What should the framework conditions for the development of organic farming in Germany look like in order to achieve the political goals?
- How regulatory standards and production methods could be shaped to meet both the diverse nature of the sector and expectations of consumers and society?
- In what direction could the organic farming system develop in the long term and what would be resulting key questions for organic farming research?
On our information stand at Biofach 2018
- we present sections of our experimental research in organic farming
- we would like to learn about your acceptance of and your expectations on organic farming of tomorrow
- we will inform you about support and economic success of organic farming-
- we would like to discuss about the future of organic farming.