TransFair e.V. is a NGO repesenting Fairtrade in Germany. Founded in 1992 to improve the lives of farmers and workers in Africa, Asia and latin America through fair trade.
As an independed organization we do not trade goods, but hold the license of the Fairtrade mark in Germany.
The Fairtrade-System involves many different organizations: Fairtrade International (umbrella organization) and its 37 member organizations – three producer networks, 26 national Fairtrade organizations and eigth marketing organizations to develop new markets.
The international Fairtrade system is governed by the General Assembly and the Board of Directors. Members of the international Fairtrade system meet once a year at the General Assembly. This assembly with 50 percent producer representation/50 percent national Fairtrade organization representation decides on membership issues, approves the annual accounts, and ratifies new Board directors.
There are also annual assemblies for each national Fairtrade organization and the producer networks.
The Board of the international Fairtrade system is elected by the General Assembly and includes:
• four board members nominated by the three producer networks
• four board members nominated by the national Fairtrade organizations (NFOs)
• three independent board members
Exhibitor videoPlay video
Fairtrade Deutschland (TransFair e.V.) offers you products from these product groups:
- Fair (567)
- Service providers (262)
- Fresh food (1556)
- Frozen food (771)
- Grocery products Cooking and baking (2719)
- Grocery products Snacks and sweets (1647)
- Grocery products Drinks (1798)
- Other grocery products (1996)
- Non-Food (640)
- Media, service providers (425)