MaizePops (MaisPops) - Bachmann & Fioretti Import GmbH
Behind the so far successful story of MaisPops stands a mother from Finland and two young entrepreneurs, friends and fathers from Switzerland. None knew of the other until one of the Swiss guys moved to Sweden 14 years ago and discovered this fantastic snack for children (toddlers).
Almost everyone in Finland and Sweden knew this snack already: MaisPops – a light and perfect snack för children from the age of 6 months. MaisPops was invented in 1994 in northern Finland and as many other ideas, it came out of necessity. The mother Margareta Korpelainen was looking for a healthy snack for her little dotter who suffered from different food allergies. As she could not find anything suitable, she started to invent her own snack.
For the young Swiss in Sweden, MaisPops could in the beginning only be found on his list ”what to bring to Switzerland” for his Swiss friends and family. More and more Swiss families started to like MaisPops and finally the idea came up to start a professional business with this great snack. Since the end of 2013, MaisPops have been sold in shops like pharmacies and drug stores. And after more than 320’000 sold bags within 26 months, MaisPops have become a natural part in the life of Swiss families with small children.
The MaisPops success on the Swiss market was heard in Germany as well and in 2015, the company was able to get the trading rights for Germany and Austria. So far, the development has started very positive and a nice bud of the growing flower can be seen very clearly already.
- Bachmann & Fioretti Import GmbH employs three people.
- 810 shops in Switzerland.
- 4 logistic centers (distribution centers) in Switzerland.
- 320’000 sold MaisPops bags in Switzerland within the first 26 months.
- The Swiss Organisation for expectant and nursing mothers recommends MaisPops to parents.
- Exhibitor at all the big children and family exhibitions in Switzerland.
- 46 shops in Germany.
- 1 logistic center (distribution center) in Germany.
- 1 bio wholesaler in Germany.
- Almost 10’000 sold MaisPops bags in Germany so far.
- ”Babylanguage” (Babyzeichensprachen) in Germany, Austria and Switzerland recommend MaisPops.
- Exhibitor at the BIOFACH 2016 in Nürnberg including the NEWS STAND.
- Sales 2013: 19’000 CHF.
- Sales 2014: 176’000 CHF.
- Sales 2015: 480’000 CHF.