Diese Website verwendet Cookies, um das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher und effektiver zu machen. Mit der Nutzung dieser Website stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.Weitere Informationen über die Verwendung von Cookies und die Möglichkeit der Verwendung von Cookies zu widersprechen, finden Sie hier.
FLORA , a windfall for socio economic development of the area and its residants.
The cooperative FLORA evolves in BOUJAAD which is known for its semi-arid climate and stony ground "Makrett", favorable to the planting of the prickly pear tree. It produces juice, vinegar and jam of the prickly pear; As well as salad, Nopal powder and the prickly pear seed oil.
FLORA contributes to farmers incomes improvment and to the economic integration of girls and local women by:
● Coaching farmers in maintenance techniques to improve harvesting methods and minimize fruit losses on the tree,
● Strengthening the professional capacities of women to improve their employability ensuring a stable monthly income,
● Women's socio-educational training to prepare a future where everyone has the right to enjoy a better quality of life.
In a few words :
● BOUJAAD has more than 1200 hectares of prickly pears,
● 1000 producing farmers,
● One hectare produces up to 10 tonnes of fruit